A serious study of the sinfully, delightful world of chocolates!
In this two day workshop, get in depth knowledge about different varieties of chocolates.
What you will learn:
- Starting from scratch, this intense workshop will cover melting and tempering of couverture chocolate by different ways
- Then we move onto flavouring, moulding & de-moulding of hand-made chocolates. This will include filled chocolates as well.
- We will then venture into other chocolate treats like mendiants and chocolate garnishes.
- Learn the art of making hand rolled truffles with techniques on moulding, enrobing and dipping chocolates. You will learn wide options to flavour your truffles too.
- Also, learn to make oh so delicious peanut butter cups.
- Make tasty caramel candies, which will bring back your childhood memories.
- Master the technique of making the perfect salted caramel sauce, which we will then use to make a Snickers inspired bar!
- Learn the secret of making a decadent chocolate fudge.
- Make edible shot glasses out of chocolate and fill them with a coffee mouse.
- Irresistible melt in the mouth silk chocolates that will become your favourite.
- Nut based pralines and almond brittle will also be covered.
- The course covers both compound and couverture chocolate types.
Who should register?
- No previous knowledge needed, so this class is a comprehensive course for a complete novice. However, for those who have worked with chocolates, you will still have a lot of take aways from this class in terms of new techniques, recipes and variations of candies, since the course goes way beyond the standard moulded chocolate fare.
- Is previous experience needed for this course? None needed.
- Do I need to carry any ingredients or tools?Nope. We provide everything you will need. All we ask you carry is a pen and an apron.