A serious study of the sinfully, delightful world of chocolates!
In this two day workshop, get in depth knowledge about different varieties of chocolates.
What you will learn:
- Starting from scratch, this intense workshop will cover melting and tempering of couverture chocolate by different ways
- Then we move onto flavouring, moulding & de-moulding of hand-made chocolates. This will include filled chocolates as well.
- We will then venture into other chocolate treats like mendiants and chocolate garnishes.
- Learn the art of making hand rolled truffles with techniques on moulding, enrobing and dipping chocolates. You will learn wide options to flavour your truffles too.
- Also, learn to make oh-so-delicious peanut butter cups!
- Make tasty candies, which will bring back your childhood memories.
- Master the technique of making the perfect salted caramel sauce, which we will then use to make a Snickers inspired bar!
- Learn the secret of making a decadent chocolate fudge.
- Make edible shot glasses out of chocolate and fill them with a coffee mouse.
- Irresistible melt in the mouth silk chocolates that will become your favourite.
- Nut based pralines and almond brittle will also be covered.
- The course covers both compound and couverture chocolate types.
Who should register?
- No previous knowledge needed, so this class is a comprehensive course for a complete novice. However, for those who have worked with chocolates, you will still have a lot of take aways from this class in terms of new techniques, recipes and variations of candies, since the course goes way beyond the standard moulded chocolate fare.
Is previous experience needed for this course? None needed.