This introductory level course is ideal for aspiring professional cake designers as well as for the hobbyist.
Learn how to step by step create beautiful cakes with a solid grounding in the basics.
Students will explore a wide range of professional tools and materials in this completely hands-on class.
- Topics covered include baking a sponge cake, how to make buttercream icing, colouring and plenty of piping skills.
- Also included are exclusive tips and trade secrets on how to fill and smooth cakes like the pros.
- Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the basic decorating elements of a professional cake decorator using buttercream, ganache and whipped cream.
- All course material, cakes, fillings and icings are provided.
- Is previous experience needed for this course?
No! This is a great course for complete newbies as well as a comprehensive learning for someone who has been decorating but now looking to upgrade their skills. We will begin class from scratch, yet it will cover essential foundational information that self-taught decorators and bakers may have missed out on.
- Do I need to carry any ingredients or tools?
Nope. We provide everything you will need. All we ask you carry is a pen, an apron and a roll of paper towel/small hand towel.
- Will I carry back the items I prepare in class
Yes! Be prepared to wow your family and friends with pretty cakes!
- Is this a certified course?
Upon completion (and full attendance) all students will receive a Certificate.